EMSLLC has the solutions to your Bio-Medical waste disposal & recycling needs, while minimizing liabilities and protecting the environment. We offer the latest technology available to properly handle your medical and environmental medical hazardous waste disposal.
Medical waste and the proper disposal of this waste is a major concern for all. Properly disposing of your medical waste prevents infections and diseases form spreading, and keeps the environment clean.
OSHA has established procedures for bio-medical waste treatments and disposal to minimize risk with contaminated articles. Bio-Medical waste managed properly will effectively reduce your legal liability, reduce the danger to the community, personnel and patients and keep your reputation high.
These are the general categories of Medical Waste:
Red Sharps Containers
Red Container or Red Liner in Container
Contaminated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Trace Chemotherapy Waste
Chemotherapy containers that have NO observable content remaining in the container and, PPE that is not saturated, are considered “TRACE”
Approximately 99% of all Rx waste will be placed in this container.
Lotions, creams or ointments (capped or in recloseable clear bag)
P-Listed Acutely Hazardous Waste (PBKC) – examples:
Nicotine / Nicotrol
Coumadin / Warfarin
Bulk Chemotherapy Waste:
Vials, Syringes, Ampoules
IV bags and tubing
Saturated gloves, gowns & wipes
Shielded Containers with Radioactive Symbol
Fluorine – 18 (F-18).
Disposal of your medical waste will be one of the following:
- Incineration – which is a waste treatment technology that involves the combustion of organic materials and/or substances. Incinerations of waste materials converts the waste into incinerator bottom ash, flue gases, particulates and heat, which can in turn be used to generate electric power. The flue gases are cleaned of pollutants before they are dispersed in the atmosphere.
- Thermal treatment, such as microwave technologies;
- Steam sterilization, such as autoclaving – which is used in the treatment and sterilization of waste such as pathogenic hospital waste. This treatment neutralizes potentially infectious agents by utilizing pressurized steam and superheated water.
- Electropyrolysis; and
- Chemical mechanical systems, among others.
EMSLLC provides the following in Bio-Medical Services:
- Customized Pickups to suit your schedule
- Personalized Service
- Competitive Pricing
- Proper Documentation and Disposal